As the newest member to the Cognos family, IBM Cognos Insight looks to enhance business intelligence for the individual employee. In other words, it aims to be a “personal analytics” tool that allows individuals to visualize and explore company data. It makes it easy to answer business questions on your own. Employees can build scenario models, share insights, and develop solutions without IT assistance. Cognos Insight can be used individually on your desktop or can be part of an Express or Enterprise deployment.
Features and Benefits
Of course, being able to work autonomously is the biggest benefit to Cognos Insight. It allows analysts and business users to access the data they need and use it to deliver information and answer questions in a timely fashion. Whether it’s used to work with clients or for internal decision making, the entire process is streamlined with Cognos Insight. And it’s thanks to the following features that those benefits are possible:
- Drag and drop spreadsheets onto your workspace and automatically get grid and chart visuals for multi-dimensional view of your data.
- Create new business perspectives from scratch, using the Cognos Insight in-memory analytic engine to write to your dashboards and scenarios.
- Optimize your decisions and plans by comparing possible outcomes based on business scenarios that take into account changing market conditions.
- Go from raw data to analysis and published dashboards in as little as 60 seconds, enabling you or your colleagues to take immediate action.
- Share files with other users in your workgroup or organization, via email, file sharing and server.
- Deliver insights through a range of interfaces, including the Apple iPad, the web and Microsoft Excel.