Take your planning and “what if” analysis to new heights of responsiveness with Cognos TM1. This version of IBM’s business intelligence software ties finance to operations, helping uncover new business options, increase profits, and manage capital effectively. Furthermore, it enables a new class of users who are not spreadsheet centric. Cognos TM1 supports personal, workgroup, and enterprise collaboration.
Features and Benefits
The flexibility of Cognos TM1 makes it appealing to businesses. Multiple users spanning across different departments–sales, marketing, HR, etc.–can analyze the planning results and explore the scenarios they need. The following features make these benefits possible:
- Users enjoy a personal analytics workspace that’s wired to the broader enterprise, which combines planning, analysis, reports, and personal dashboarding in a single interface.
- Choice of interfaces includes: Microsoft Excel, Cognos TM1 Web and the Cognos TM1 Contributor client to accommodate a broad range of work styles, as well as Cognos Insight for non-Excel users.
- Connections to IBM Cognos Business Intelligence for a single, integrated platform that consolidates data from multiple sources such as personal data files, spreadsheets, ERP or other enterprise applications.
- Patented, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP for enterprise scalability.
- Capability to extend ERP investments with the IBM Cognos data orchestration tool. This tool easily connects to data warehouses, Microsoft Excel worksheets or any ODBC-compliant database